Monday, February 20, 2012

Education

It has been brought to my attention a lot recently that I should consider becoming a teacher at some point in time by friends, family and those I tutor. I have always had a passion for helping others succeed so becoming a teacher would be a great job for me. I guess you can say that I have already been dabbling in it a little having worked as a Tutor and Teachers Aid for the past 2 1/2 years. I throughly enjoy being able to sit down with someone and help them figure out something and help them to realize that they can actually do it if they put their mind to it.

I have been looking into teaching English abroad in China through Buckland International Education Group. I met someone a few months ago who has been employed with this company previously and strongly recommended it. It would give me a chance to get back to China and work on my photography on my down time. Ever since my study abroad trip back in 2010, I have been dying to get back to China. I don't know what it is about that country that I find so fascinating, but I can't seem to get enough of it. 

When I come back, I would love to be able to teach here in the states. Whether that would be general art classes or photo specific art classes. It will definitely be something that I will look into.

Don't get me wrong, I will not forsake my photography, it will be something that is constantly expanding as I explore the world of teaching. These are just some random thoughts in my head that I thought I should write down and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment