Wednesday, February 29, 2012

fun with food

I have been working on expanding my food portfolio and in the process having a lot of fun. I love to cook, so when the chance comes to do both cooking and food photography I jump on it. This past weekend I was able to do 12 different set ups of different dishes and drinks. Here's a small preview of what I was working on. There will be more to come, I promise.

-Having fun with cocoa powder and truffles. This took about 45 minutes + to set up; and I'm just talking about the food.


One of my other set ups was with colorful jello. I decided to combine Orange, Lemon, Blue Raspberry, Lime and cherry. This experiment was originally planned for a plain 9x13 pan, but what fun is that when you can create a jello man instead? From there, I found the balloons that my mother had in a kitchen drawer. It wasn't completely planned that there would be two bubbles that happened to line up as if buttons. After I saw that, it all just fell into place.

-Once the photos are all edited, you can look them up on my website!

No comments:

Post a Comment